View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChoosingRealJoy

Talking 16 Days Without a Drop!

Yep!

Over the weekend my brother-in-law & sister-in-law came spent the night and we had our normal football bash - which always includes LOTS of beer & other various fun drinks that we all like to experiment with.

But not me! I drank some of the mixes just because they are good (bloody mary mix=yum), but didn't have a drop of poison with any of it. Did they wonder why? Maybe, but I just explained that I didn't want any & that my body doesn't seem to react to alcohol like it used to. My "only one drink" turns into.... 79 of them I explained. They chuckled and just went on about their business. It was great. We all still had a great time, my kids didn't see their mom plowed and my liver is still applauding my decision. My husband thinks I'm overreacting and doesn't think I have a problem (boy, did I hide it well or what??), but he doesn't care what I do - drink or not - "whatever" he says.

I can do this. God is with me and is my support. (And all of you guys too!!!! Your replies really help me - just to know that you all actually get it and understand how serious this is and support me. )