View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

WELCOME to Sober Recovery. You have found a great place with lots of Experience, Strength and Hope (ES&H).

I would like to suggest that you check out our Friends and Family of Substance Abusers forum:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I am in recovery for a long time now, continuous from both alcohol and drugs. I am also in recovery for almost as long from being co-dependent.

I am not offended by what you have posted and your FRUSTRATION is coming through loud and clear. I would suggest that you might get some counseling for yourself and/or try some Al-Anon or Naranon meetings for you. I suggest Al-Anon because in many areas they are plentiful than Naranon meetings. These are for friends and family. These help us deal with our frustrations and co-dependent issues whether we are the spouse, significant other, child, parent, friend or just roommate of someone with addiction problems. I believe they could be very helpful to you.

Please check out the F&F forum.

Hope that helps a bit.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,