Old 10-14-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by crzylilmndfreak View Post
i totally disagree with the "still in addiction" thing about PRESCRIBED meds... i am on a lot of different meds, and i think as long as you dont abuse them, take more than prescribed, or taking it just to get a high,t that it is absolutely fine.
And this is exactly why I dont let others opinions dictate my recovery. I know whats right or worng. I dont need to follow someone elses belief system. And I dont mean that in a disrespectful way. And I am always open to hearing others opinions and def want to hear and do follow alot of what has worked for others. But as far as someone telling me I am not clean becasue I take a prescribed med, as prescribed. Well that just makes me giggle a little. Cause not everyone is going to fly off the deep end over every little thing.
I respect anyones beliefs when put upon themselves. But dont put them on me.
I know there are some that cant even consider taking certain meds or it may trigger them. But not everyone is like that. Some people need some meds. And I will dam if I am going to suffer through pain that can be managed properly with a medication. As long as I fllow the directions and my intentions arent for anything other than what it is intended for.