Thread: We are worth it
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Man, I was so happy to see this thread by you.
And you said alot of things that I am experiencing now too.
Escpecially the bills and stuff. I am finally caught up after years of being behind.
It feels good to have a few dollars in ym pocket and go buy just a gallon of milk whenever needed. I havent had a dollar to my name in so long.
I am finding that the samll things have the biggest imapct. Like you said. Even being able to shell out a couple dollars for a coffee is rewarding.
You are worth it. We ALL are worht it.
And the calling poeple. I hate the phone to begin with. I shocked the heck out of one of my cousins by calling him a couple weeks ago. It was such a nice talk. Dont know what I was waiting for. Or scared of.
And I know when I stopped beating on myself. Stopped holding myself hostage for the past. And saw that I actually do have potential. It gave me the motivation and determination to really think that way and act that way too.
My turning point was school. Once I finally went and enrolled and did all I was suppose to do. And liked how that felt. Liked where my life is going because of it. Everything else is just falling in place.
It took alot of fear away knowing that if I could just accomplish getting my foot in the door. I can def go all the way. At least attempt it.
You sound really positive FS. And you made me smile today.