Thread: new & depressed
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ninsuna

Originally Posted by daisy2 View Post
I feel mostly dull, and trapped, and am having a really hard time finding things to be happy or excited about, and like my life is going nowhere.
I hear you, and I am going through the same thing. One thing that sometimes helps me is to find little things to get excited about; I made a night out of dyeing my hair, another day I found a recipe online to make my own chai and got some cheap fun out of shopping for the spices and then listening to my music (good suggestion, Ash!) while I brewed the stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like little miss sunshine...most days I don't want to get out of bed and it is REALLY easy to just think about all the ways I have f**ked up my life. It is really important for me to create things to look forward to and let myself get excited about them. Where The Wild Things Are is coming out this Friday, I have been waiting for it since I heard they were making it into a movie..so that's my big thing this week and I think about it when I get down/bored. Sounds silly but it really helps.

Kindest wishes for you, take care