Thread: Positivity...
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Positivity...

I'm feeling a bit low tonight. I have been suffering from a really bad cold/flu and working long days this week and I can sense that my thinking/mood is on a bit of a downer tonight.

I guess doing the xmas rota at work has made it hit home to me about how I am sober and drinking ain't an option and I think my thinking has been starting to get a little 'out of the present day'; you know thinking about all the oppurtunities I may be missing out on and general talk of parting/socilaising by all the people of my age (23) and younger. I am so very shy and self-conscious even though there are people plenty worse off than me who are full of confidence. I dunno I just feel a bit low tonight and feel that many of the people/girls who I felt really in common with will likely drink/drug and so I won't never be able to meet them as I have to keep myself to myself in-order not be around drinker/druggies/smokers. AA is great but I am by far the youngest member there at all of the different meetings I have been too.

So the general point of this post is that I think people who have a long time sober, 6months+ for example, need to post and let us all relativley new sober people know that the sacrifices we are making ie- abstinance from booze/drugs is definatley worth it (even though i know it is!!! haha)

We need some positivity!!!!

Peace and love xxx