View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

coping:

its textbook, and its also another Red Flag on their disease, the ease in which they discard people as if they were napkins. not only partners but friends, family or whoever.

in my long experience with boyfriends, lol no one had "changed" so dramatically.

for now i prefer to think he was always that bad person. just put up a face so someone would be there absorbing his pain and resting next to him when he was hangovered. oh and someone to abuse.

the disease and its power... welcome to the "Twilight zone"

and i think it was Barb that said whenever an alcoholic talked he was lying.

thinking all that makes my life easier and rings true.

after knowing xabf gets married i got sad but today i'm thinking "if i was ok with alcohol abuse, verbal abuse and walking on eggshells and disrespectful comments about other women infront of me... i would be the bride now... i would still be his everything Yadda Yadda. but no im not that doormat anymore...who cares if other is or if he is still acting nice to attract the next hostage? i know better and no one changes from an alcoholic abuser to a Nice Guy out of the blue. HAH!! I know the Jekyll/Hyde switches!! I won't fall again"

we are all better off without them, honest. they just act according to convenience so when you are relaxed BAM here goes the next painful thing, the progression, the escalation. hardly what i would want for my girl friends or a future daughter or sister or myself.