View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Kablume
Journey of Recovery

Originally Posted by Dean62 View Post
A shifting of perception of what is best for him will bring growth for both of you. What people call "tough love" is actually much more tough on the parents but it is in fact real love.
Dean,
This is what I forget about time after time. Thanks for bring it to my attention. Also, thanks for sharing your story. And for your words of encouragement and prayers. What we must endure for our children, only God can give us the strength. I'm glad that your son is doing well now.

I had a good weekend. I went to my grandson's football game early Sat. morning and then he came over to spend the night. Well, he spent the weekend with the neighbor kids but checked in with me occasionally so I did get to see him. DH went to a poker game Sat. night so I was by myself. I watched Marley and Me. Was good the 2nd time around. Sunday I sat around and read a book. Didn't get squat done around the house but that is Ok. I didn't wake up with a hangover Sat., Sun., or today. Yay! So I am a grateful alcoholic today. Tonight I will make a meeting.

Well, it is a good start on the week. Hope you all have a good sober Monday. And like Primal said, love the positivity on the thread. It is really good support here. Thanks again Dean and everyone else for being here.
P.S. Haven't heard of the movie Drunks but there is Clean and Sober, When a Man Loves a Woman, and 28 Days that I know of that are recovery movies.
Here's a link in here http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ry-movies.html