View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nelco
Living in sobriety

Hi verity29,

Yes living in Ireland and its drink culture can be difficult but things are slowely changing. Yesterday I sat in a cafe in Ireland with 8 people. all members of alcoholics anonymous ages ranged from late 20's early 30's to late 40's. we had lunch together and not a drink in sight, but I bet if you came across us you might wonder about that at times, the laughter was so loud .

I thought everyone drank or drank to get drunk when I was active and in early sobriety ...... but in actual fact it was the people I hung out with. There are a lot of people who are not alcoholic and dont drink.....but they would not have interested me before so I didnt follow there circles, that has changed for me.

Verity29, you need to get back to AA. Find a meeting that suits you, get numbers and share whats really going on! The reason you feel alone with this is because your going it alone and you are not getting identification......its very common what you are going through. Its important to keep the focus on yourself and not your hubby. You are getting sober for you ....not him. 6 months is a great achievment but only another alcoholic know just what an achievment this is........one day is an achievment.

I had been six months sober. I attended AA meetings at the start but felt I was doing OK on my own after a bit. I didn't feel I was getting a lot out of the meetings. Most in my group were End Stage alcoholics. I was more "cant stop when I start" drinker.
all end stage alcoholics are cant stop when I start!! Try to identify instead of comparing.

take a womans number and use it.

PM me if you like!