View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
joedris

Let's see if I have this right. You have a disease called alcoholism and you're to blame for that? And since having a disease is your fault your husband has the high moral ground? This isn't the type of thing we get from dirty needles! It appears that your husband doesn't know a damn thing about what you're going through.

I would suggest you get back to your meetings immediately. You can't do this alone. You need the support of others, people who have been through what you're going through now. Please don't think that by going to AA for six months your problem is solved. You may begin to feel better, but in that short a period of time you haven't even begun to solve anything. And look around, there has to be another AA group within an acceptable distance that isn't made up of end stage drunks.

And as for the party, I would tell people that I'm on a new medication that doesn't allow me to drink. If they pressed the issue I'd say it was for blood pressure or something. They lost interest quickly and accepted the fact that I couldn't drink.