View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Dean62
Adjusting my Sails

Congradulations on 20 days with a drink Serenitea. The racing mind and scattered emotions does go away. My emotions are still all over the map but they are general good.....certainly far better then when I was drinking. Just not drinking is not enough for me. I drank for a reason and now it's time to look at the reason. That is what recovery is about. True recovery is not about alcohol, it's about getting healthy on the inside....it's an inside job. Things such as SR and meetings help with true recovery and the pay off is not a life without alcohol, the payoff is a much better way of life then we have ever known. I have had tastes of it and I have seen it in others....Like our friend Endzoner here in our class of September. We are blessed to have her here as an example for us. I relate to your arranging your life around drinking and it only gets worse, never better.

Well said TD, quality not quantity in friendship. I have made it clear here I am socially challenged. One thing I am seeing right now is that I am not going to be close friends with everyone I meet and it is a relief that I don't feel the need for that anymore. I'm putting myself out there and I know I will find the right people for me. I already have a few in my life and rebuilding those relationships is a good starting point for me.

Jeffrey that typhoon sounds scary. I hope you are safe, please keep us informed....and njoy your movies.

I almost finished putting my bowlex together yesterday....that was my workout for the day....I'm so out of shape. I also got some other cleaning done around the house. Last night, my Friday night consisted of going to the 5:15 meeting for the third night in a row....I suppose I should stop calling it the 5:15 and start calling it my homegroup. After the meeting I went straight down to K2 for a dinner (free dinner) party they had for people who have volunteered to help make the Sunday services run smoothly. I have been wanting my time to be spent in that way and I'm grateful that for at least one evening that's exactly what it was. An evening with good Sober people, many of which have what I want. I was as usual feeling some anxiety before I went but I, as usual am so grateful I went.

I really don't know what to expect and have no concrete plan or expectations of what today or tomorrow will bring but I do know it is happening. I can't explain it right now I just know it is happening, I'm beginning to look at seeing what I can pack into the stream of life and life is pulling me in. Harmony through God's will is something I have previously only glimpsed. Now it's just happening.

I just agreed to meet a co-worker who is struggling with his addiction for lunch. Later I'm going to a guy's graduation party....not real clear on that but I'm just going to give my support and a hug....and Oh yeah....more free food...then off to a meeting that focuses on the 10th step. I have never been to that one so I have no idea what to expect but my home group doesn't meet on the weekends and I don't want to stop what is rapidly transforming in my life.

Another beautiful crisp cool morning with my coffee and prayer and now it's time to get some work done.

Enjoy this great day everyone.