View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
ashleek
FREAKING AWESOME!

I went to that same meeting tonight and wow!! They really opened my eyes to something that I had shut my eyes on for a long time. I should be greatful for what I have because it could always be worse and has been. So instead of moping around, poor pitiful me....bs, I need to focus on the positive. They spoke of a man who was found dead and it was this guys bff from back in the day. Well he was suprised to learn he was dead and wondered how he died. Come to find out he was found dead on the side of the road in a snow bank froze to death bc he was drunk. This other guy said he has been moaning about his toilet because it has been leaking and driving him crazy, he got an email today that one of the little boys on his son's soccer team his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and in 2008 his father had died of cancer. That child could be left without parents.

So, how freakin good do I have it? Pretty good. I'm sober, thank the good lord above. I have my husband and my son, my family and I am happy again. I can laugh, I can dance in the living room like a fool with my two year old son and watch him laugh till he can't breathe. I mean, how much more rich can I get. Money would be nice but ya know what I don't even care about that because there is someone tonight who is cold, under a bridge with nothing to eat shooting dope. I need to be more thankful for what I do have. Thank you SR for being here for me, thank you God, I am so greatful!!