Thread: The holidays
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RedTailHawk

Happy Thanksgiving, Ann! I do like the idea of "adopting" some folks for the holidays for giving a little something special to.

I think part of my real struggle is that I am supposed to file my final divorce decree in early December and I just don't think I can do it. I struggle in my own recovery around worrying about what others will think of me...and I get the idea of celebrating a new year free and clear.... but I don't feel ready to do this part. We have lived apart since June - and while I know I made the right decision to be apart - I feel really pressured to do this step. I am trying to focus on what I want and what is right for me.. but I am struggling with feeling like half of my friends will be mad at me for not filing the final decree and half will be mad if I do because it was cruel for my AH. Placing myself at the center of my decisions is hard - still - for me.

I don't have parents anymore. I have a sister I will see at some point. My two sons are also addicts and I have little contact with them...all of my friends are married - or if single, they have families they go see for the holidays. But Lost - you are right - I can make the darn turkey just for me! More sandwiches later that way LOL... and Thanks Dirt for the Zoo idea - I really like that too!

Hard stuff, ya know?