Thread: 4th
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bohemianzen
grateful to be here

cc love the avatar! congrats on your 4days!!!
i also like what taz had to say. when i was drinking i blamed everything on it. if my hair didn't fix right, i could always say if i wasn't hungover it would have laid better (ohhh the weird things i used to think---that example would be the tip of the iceburg) and i think everyone probably thinks that. and i think some of that comes from other ppl making comments too. everything hasn't fixed for me. and it seems i've pretty much been sick since i quit. but i think my depression is on a little better road now that i don't have the alcohol screwing with it. i certainly have a bit more money to spend on positive things like paying my bills on time..... point i'm trying to make is.... focus on some little things that are going right. sobriety isn't like winning the lottery -- but i think it is what you make of it. also think about the bad things that could be going on if you were still smoking. life is life....but there is a better one out there if you keep plugging along one day at a time.
again congrats on making the decision to help yourself and get on the road you want to be on. keep posting!!!