View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
worthyoflove

Need to make a decision

My daughter is taking music lessons and the teacher is in NA. I know because he had a NA book in his bathroom. There have been no problems until last night. My daughter was saying she was really tired during practice. She is 12 years old and just started her period. After she mentioned she was really tired, the teacher said, "Too bad. You get no mercy from me." which was directly followed up by an apology and he offered her some hot chocolate. I could tell he was remorseful, but I'm not sure if she should continue going for music lessons. I explained to her that he is very sick and people don't say things like that to others unless they are sick. I told her that her body is going through a lot of changes right now and that it is only normal that she is so tired and she is not to blame for feeling that way. If it happens again, music lessons from him will be severed. I'm wondering if I should sever them now?? I'm really struggling with this today. I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing by allowing another chance.