View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

I"m just going to repost this a bazillion times until you folks are sick of it. It explains everything so well for me, you know when there's almost an audible click in your brain and you get it?

It's real freedome to be able to speak your truth without fear of recourse. I"m livin it right now and pray it's here to stay, this sanity.

Hugs. TFM

******* that one of the functions of alcoholism is to PROTECT ITSELF.

***** And one of the ways it does so, is to baffle and attack the family, so that they back-off and feel guilty when they see/state the truth about alcoholic behavior and call it the way it is.

**** AND UNTIL FAMILY MEMBERS GET ENTIRELY RID OF THAT TO-THE-MARROW IRRATIONAL GUILT ABOUT SEEING THE TRUTH ABOUT EMOTIONAL ABUSE AND CRAZYMAKING -- AND NOT MINIMIZE IT -- AND NOT MINIMIZE IT
----- AND NOT MINIMIZE IT
------AND NOT MINIMIZE IT
------AND NOT MINIMIZE IT
------- WE ARE SITTING DUCKS FOR ALCOHOLISM..... AND SITTING DUCKS TO WIND UP WITH YET ANOTHER ALCOHOLIC OR ABUSIVE PERSON, IF WE ARE 'OUT THERE' DATING AGAIN. (And if we cannot get entirely rid of it --- then we must at least vigilantly remind ourselves of this particular kind of denial that we carry, so that we can effectively deal with it when it comes up. Because it will.)

I think that this is probably the most awful symptom of family alcoholism that there is. But we can get healed.