View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Apparently, I need to keep my mouth shut

or so says my husband, after receiving an email from his son's mother saying the following:

"*** told me he joins in online meetings for families of alcoholics because of your drinking. When I asked if the drinking bothered him or if it affected him in some way he said its just that you spend too much money on alcohol. What's up with this? Are there problems other then that?"

Honestly, I don't think that my stepson expressed his feelings to his mother quite clearly. My husband thinks that his son just wants him to quit drinking so we can go out to the movies or to the restaurant more often; he doesn't realize that his son has a genuine problem with all the beer he drinks.

Now, because hubby is afraid to lose custody of his son (well, he's ALWAYs been afraid of that), apparently, I need to stuff my opinions about his drinking and keep his son out of it.

I'm already wracked with guilt for introducing his son to Al-Anon, and now I'm really starting to doubt myself. That and I feel royally trapped in the marriage, being unable to discuss my feeling with anyone and being blamed for this conflict with biomom.

Anyone have wonderful and useful insight for me?