View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Goldberry

You are so right IWH. It's exciting to see how you are changing your life for the good! You are not failures and no one is perfect. My niece has severe autism. It is so difficult for my brother to deal with her sometimes. She is 17 now and stronger. He has to yell at her sometimes to get through to her a little. She lives with him because his ex is an alcoholic and can't handle her at all. I am glad you are having some positive feelings now and are doing things for you and your son. We need to understand how some people have given us wrong info and conditioning and counteract it. I thought I didn't need help either, but when I started to go to Al Anon I saw my weaknesses too. I need to be able to talk things out with people who know where I'm coming from and have gone through, or are going through similar things. Make sure you take care of yourself. I also have a problem with getting enough sleep or eating well, especially when I'm nervous or depressed. We need to refresh ourselves or we will implode. I really like GL's new name for you.
Have an awesome time next Tues.