View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Originally Posted by faithfully View Post
I tried to leave and the last time he wound up in the hospital. I love and care for him and am sad, but I'd rather he didn't need me in any way other than spending time, like all friends.
i think i remember you too. i've read this entire post and it has left me in pain for you. i'm a recovering addict and i agree that crack will numb the pain but IT IS NOT A MEDICINE. if i remember correctly, according to what you posted in the past, you had not talked to his doctors, you only hear what he's telling you the doctors are saying, right?

you say if you leave, he'll end up in the hospital, right? isn't thats where you are trying to encourage him to go? don't you think a hospital can help him more than you can by supplying him his drugs, food and a warm place to crash?

it is not your fault he ended up in the hospital while you were away. he may be sick but sounds like he's telling you whatever he needs to, in order to convince you to continue to help him do his drugs. he ended up in the hospital because he needed medical help and he didnt have you to help him stay doped up. i think he probably won't except medical help because crack addicts would rather do crack than to care about their health. i've been very sick too, but as long as i could do my crack and stay high, i wasn't thinking about going in for the surgery that ended up saving my life.

i lost my little brother to addiction but i refused to help him die by supplying his habit. at least i didn't have to feel guilty for helping him to kill himself.

'M sorry but imo, this man may be using his illness to guilt you into staying with him and supplying his drug habit. so you allow him to have his drugs delivered to the house where you live? did you know that this could bring YOU jail time and cause you to lose your home, car and anything else you own.

i pray that your hp gives you the strength to step aside, hopefully he'll end up in the hospital again, where he can possible get the medical attention that he sounds to desperately need. you are not helping him to get better only to die faster. crack kills.