View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying2Fly

F*ck Childish Parents!!!!

OK--apologies for the foul language, but I'm so angry right now and SO TIRED of these childish games that my mom chooses to play (and yes, I could choose not to get involved, but I am so hurt right now--I have to rant to get this off my chest).

So to back up--"Jane", my alcoholic sister, was asked to leave her sober living facility after a series of relapses. My mom called my hysterically the other day--when I was at work--and asked me to take Jane in. I refused. So what does she do first? Screams "I THOUGHT SO" and hangs up on me. Starts giving me the cold shoulder. Hasn't been speaking to me for days.

Now here's where things get REALLY interesting--today I got an email that "Mom added you as a friend on Facebook". Okay. We were already "friends" on Facebook before. So why am I getting an email requesting my friendship again? OH. That means that she must have dropped me as a "friend" after I refused to enable Jane--my mom's form of "punishment". Talk about twisted. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with a child. I don't feel close to her at all. Her actions make me so hurt and angry. Each time Jane goes off the wagon, my mother cannot get angry at her. It is never "Jane's fault". It is my fault for not taking Jane in that Jane continues to drink, or it's my fault for having a glass of wine in front of Jane at a dinner party, or for refusing to talk to Jane on the phone when Jane's drunk, or for calling the police to tell them that Jane is suicidal. Why is my mother so angry at me? I just don't understand it at all. WHAT EXACTLY DID I DO?!!!!!!

I am so sick and tired that she uses me as a scapegoat for her anger at Jane. I want to confront her, but she will not listen. I don't know if I even want to waste my breath. I'm tired of her emotional game playing.

Sorry for the swearing; just needed to rant. Happier days will be here again. Sigh and errgh.

On another note--had a very good session with my therapist today; reassured me that I AM doing the right thing. But I guess no one said it would be easy to be the adult when your parents act like children.

Last edited by Trying2Fly; 10-01-2009 at 08:58 PM.