View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Cole part of the steps is resolving the very issues you speak of, you sound to me like you are where I was when I first sobered up. I had a TON of baggage from my past as well as guilt and shame with a big case of the resentments that really hit me hard being sober.

I leaned hard on the fellowship for the first 2 months of my sobriety, at least a meeting a day and talking to at least 3 folks in AA on the phone every day and one day the caca really hit the fan, if I had of had a drink in front of me I would have drank it right then and there. I did what my sponsor had suggested and prayed for the strength to call some one in the fellowship before I had that drink and after speaking to some one I calmed down and did not drink.

I knew then that I had to take the steps with my sponsor or I was going to get drunk again. I did take the steps with my sponsor starting right after that, and some time after doing step 5 with my sponsor that obsession for a drink, even the idea of a drink was lifted from me.