View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ChoosingRealJoy

Thanks for giving me feedback & replies everyone. I'm going to get "addicted" to these boards and leave the poison addiction behind!

When I tell my husband I'm not drinking at all, he's going to think I'm over exagerating and making a big deal out of nothing. So my strategy to avoid him feeling like I'm abandoning our "fun" this weekend is... I'm going on a diet and it doesn't include alcohol. I've low-carbed before and for the first 14 days you are not allowed a drop. In 14 days I will have begun my new habit of saying "no"... and all without my husband thinking that I've become a card-carrying-AA member all of a sudden. lol

Wow... no booze. I'm going to save so much money!

You've asked how long have I been sober? Um............... since yesterday MORNING. Yes, I said it. Sometimes when I get nutty on my binges I wake up to have a shot of "fuel" for the morning. Actually, I was hurting so bad yesterday I was hoping a drink would stop the hurt. How pathetic. So I guess that would make it.... about 33 hours??

I too have woke up in the middle of the night to throw up. I recall one day in the summer when it was really through the grace and protection of God that I made it. I should have had my stomach pumped. I was so brain dead and felt so sick - and it didn't stop for a long time. How could I let myself do that to myself?? Forget it. I'm not looking back, not today anyway. I'm moving forward.

Here's my choice: Pitiful or Powerful

I'm so done with pitiful.