Old 09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Well if that works for you, do it.

Before I can accept or admit being an alcoholic, I have to come to find out exactly what an alcoholic is and what it's not. A lot of people in this world are very confused about it... inside and outside of meetings.

Once I find out what an alcoholic is... through listening to real alcoholics' honest experience... it... let me use a new popular "buzz word" here... resonates with my inductive and capacitive reactance... and X(c) = X(L) at the bandpass or corner frequency and we resonate!

I don't need to say, "I admit it", or "I accept it"... I just realize I have it! I AM an alcoholic! Period.

But if acceptance works for you, get down with it. Many times in my life, I was given a clue about it, but I wanted to prove otherwise.

As was mentioned in this thread here somewhere... we had to "concede to our inner most selves". I like that better than "admit" and "accept". But to me, the suggestions on page 59 and 60 are merely short form wall scrolls. We use the whole book (up to page 164) to describe them steps.

To just look at the word acceptance at it's face value, I'm sure it's a wonderful concept. But it's not one of those things I can force myself to do... even if I wanted to. I do the instructions in the book, and I may come to obtain "acceptance", sort of like a promise. That's how I understand it anyway.