View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Wuzzled, I was feeling that out of control and so-overwhelmed-I-had-no-clue-where-to-start feeling for weeks before plunging into a pretty severe major depressive episode. I'm not sure if anything specific has occurred in your life recently that would put you in this mindframe, but perhaps speaking with your doctor or getting an evaluation with a counselor may help? I know for me, I couldn't really focus on what I needed to do to get better until I had a little help getting myself to a point where I could again focus.

This may not be the case at all with you, but as I read your post, I just stepped back to that really dark point in my life again - it sounded so familiar. I know how quickly I started feeling better once I sought help and wished I hadn't waited so long.

I really like the suggestions Kitty posted and would also suggest that for that totally overwhelmed feeling, it sometimes helps to break it down into little pieces. I write out all the stuff that is making me feel out of control and overwhelmed. Once I do, I can usually decide what actually is important and what is just stuff that I can ditch...The process makes me realize the answer to "how important is it" is often "not very" and I can scratch it off my list. It also helps me realize that it isn't so insurmountable if I break it down to small pieces...For me, often a lot of my stress is because I feel so busy and nuts I can't figure out what it is I am supposed to be doing.

Many hugs - I hope you feel better soon and that you have a chance for that good cry...I find that comforting.