View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Missybuns

kolina,

hi again! I did some reading. We'll stay here...that other thread is for step one discussions. I saw where you went to two meetings. That's great! I went to as many meetings as I could to meet as many recovering addicts as I possibly could. I gathered their phone numbers until I got the courage to actually call them.

I have free long distance and lots of minutes on my cell phone plan if you'd like to exchange phone numbers.

NA had its world convention in Hawaii not that many years ago...in 2005 i think (not positive about that). They have one every two years. Next one is in San Diego. Do you ever come to the main land? I'm coming to San Dieago in 2011 for the next World Convention.

I like to look forward to recovery gatherings. I set goals and like to plan ahead in my recovery.

It will get easier for you as you go. The physical part gets better with proper diet and some exercise. Vitamin suppliments help too. Your sleep patterns will improve too.
Remember it took 7 years to feed your addiction to where it got you. It will take only a few months compared to many years to overcome the physical part. Thank goodness!

more later,
Missy