View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katie, my heart and prayers go out for you. I know how hard this all is, been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

Do what feels right in your heart. Pray on it and then I think the answer will come.

For me the answer was to tell the truth when my own integrity was on the line. My son once "sold" 8 different people computers at $100 each, telling them that his mom was getting new computers at her office and was happy to sell them for so little to get rid of the old ones...100% lie.

The phone calls to ME, followed, wondering when they could pick up their computer. I just told them the truth, that my son was an addict (most already knew that) and that there were no computers and that I had only just found out what he had done. I suggested they press charges and insisted they didn't call me again as I had nothing to do with this.

I let my son's business (good or bad) remain his business, unless it directly affected me or my integrity. That's where I drew the line and refused to cover for him or lie.

You'll be okay, Katie, you're moving forward in your recovery even if you cannot see it right now. And I promise you that if you keep moving forward, you will most definitely be okay.

Hugs