View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Thanks for sharing Parsifal88

It must be tough & also very rewarding at times working at the ICU. I had to visit my local hospital last month for the first time in a while.

Basically I had an extreme panic attack that involved the Vagus nerve. I have had problems with anxiety & panic attacks in the past but this episode was off of the charts. I tried to walk to the local hospital (didn't want to bother anyone lol). I had to stop & call an ambulance after a couple of blocks, I couldn't move & I felt like I was having a heart attack.

Spent a few hours with the team as they gave me meds & monitored my blood pressure (very, very high) as well as pulse (also very high). The staff was amazing & took very good care of me. The loving kindness that the staff displayed brought renewed confidence in our government run health care system (Canada).

I was released the next morning & made a trip back to the ICU in the evening to bring some large containers of coffee & a few dozen doughnuts/muffins. When I was walked through the hospital & gave the evening crew my gifts (card) & sincere thanks for their services I saw tears in some of the caregivers eyes.

I guess the hard working employees don't get the recognition they deserve a lot of the time. Thank you for your service in helping people on a daily basis.

Take Care,

NB