Thread: Gone to Rehab
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Mellane, welcome to you.

I guess at some stage in our lives, lots of us here have been called 'bitches' or worse by our partners when drinking. I was in the same situation, and told his "friends" didn't want to meet me because I looked like a bitch. I fear I couldn't help laughing, which upset him and then some, to the point where he stormed off. I couldn't resist asking one of the men how long he'd known ABF, and as I thought, they had met in the pub that day and DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABF'S NAME. His "Friends"???? LOL :rotfxko

Take this heaven sent time to put yourself as number 1 priority, read, post, go to Alanon, listen, vent and get it all out, then go pamper yourself as best you can. If all you can manage is to lie down with your feet up for half an hour, do it.

You can't see into the future, so have no idea whether your AH will even see out the 30 days, drink as soon as he gets out, pay lip service to a program for a short while, or do the hard yards and remain in recovery. Nor do you know how or what you will be feeling or what you will want to do with YOUR life, after 30 days.

You are both in recovery, and you have a wonderful opportunity to make your life so much better and happier for YOU, just as he does.

I do wish you a good, successful 30 days in your cocoon of learning, and then see you emerging as a butterfly.

God bless