View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
tjp613

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
I think I won't even turn on my phone for awhile.
Why turn it on at all? Give yourself one day of peace. Consider it a gift to yourself.

Originally Posted by helpformyson View Post

By focusing on your not cleaning the house, he is deflecting his bad behavior. If that is the only thing he can pick you apart about, it is pathetic on his behalf.

My ex told my therapist, he was p.o.'d that I had returned a dress after wearing it one time. Wow!!!! My bad. Pretty good justification to have an affair and drink yourself to death, don't you think?

Remove the weight from your shoulder and breathe again. Take care of yourself and your children. Good luck.
Lots and lots of wisdom in this post. Yep, his raging is all about him. Wonder what would happen to him if he didn't have YOU to dump on?? Hmmmmm. Think about that for a minute and I think you'll be one step closer to refusing to be a whipping post.

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
He always said to me, "you just don't want me to be happy," when he was with her, living with her and still trying to be my friend. I couldn't stand it.
This just makes me nauseous, I guess because it brings up the disgust I had/have for myself for putting up with a similarly abusive relationship 10 years ago. I'm begging you, PLEASE stop reading his texts. If he has something of material interest to say, he'll call. If he starts getting abusive, hang up. PLEASE don't do this to yourself anymore. You don't deserve ANY OF IT no matter what you think you did. Every human being deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Anything less is not worth your consideration. Period.
:ghug3