Thread: blahhh...
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bjork

You're right, It's not as easy as I was hoping it would be. Getting used to living sober is not easy when you have been living "not sober" for so long. I have 100 days today and I am finding myself going back and forth and up and down about a lot of things.

Social events do kind of mess with me as I feel that I am constantly trying to learn about my new sober self. And it's hard when everybody else is so unpredictable. LOL It's a process. That's what I am realizing more and more each day.

I had anxiety, shyness, awkwardness, nervousness around my friends at first. It was because I wasn't my normal old drinking self. I have been MIA for awhile. I go out only when I know there is someting besides alcohol for entertainment.

I am finding that the more I get out and do things, the more I learn about myself and this new lifestyle I am living. I have finally learned that late night going out with my friends is not working right now. I'm OK with this.

I have been through a lot of guilt about always rejecting friends invitations, not going to certain parties, etc I'm over that now.

I'm available during the day and maybe for an early dinner, but parties, bars, etc ..... they just aren't what I want to be doing right now.

There is no way that I want to try to moderate. I've done it before and it doesn't work for me. It's normal to have cravings around 30, 60, 90 days. You are near the 90 day mark. Somebody mentioned earlier that it's like our bodies remember anniversaries easier than our minds. I agree with this. I had more intense cravings right before my 90 day mark.

Hang in there! Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.