Thread: Honesty
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ANGELINA243
We Do Recover

Having said that.....I have lied before about it...and have felt guilty afterward. I would eventually end up using again. I don't know if this is the right time/place to say, but since I think this goes along with your post Aysha--I will say something now about this. My old AA sponsor wanted me to lie to a treatment center about my sober time.....I think you had to have a year to even be there to carry the message and i just had a couple months. I told her I didn't feel right lying and she said it was ok in this case because we were there helping others. This was at a Salvation Army type place/facility and they had certain requirements for those coming in bringing meetings. My sponsor wanted me to go. One other member of my AA group said always be sure and ask your sponsor what your sobriety date is before you go that place. That always puzzled me. I knew what my date was but they said i might have to tell them a different one--or just change the year associated with the date. I never felt comfortable with that--I felt it was being dishonest--not only with myself, but with the women there at the facility too. I quit going to carry the message at that place since I knew I didn't meet the requirements to attend there--and eventually stopped going to that particular AA group altogether.