Thread: Craziness
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dothi

Originally Posted by worthyoflove View Post
My AF goes on to tell me that I could probably get a boatload of money since he hasn't paid anything in 9 years.
IME with an AF, scheming about "easy" money comes up often, as though there's some easier life just around the corner. Going through your daughter is a typical, passive-aggressive behavior. It's blatant "white lies" which I'm sure your AF feels justified telling since really he's doing it "for your benefit" (... which is inevitably his benefit, which is a whole other train of irrational thinking)

Like the others have said, it's not worth trying to rationally understand the musings of a chemically irrational person. You know in your heart that even if you called him on the lie, he would have an excuse for why your reality isn't what you say it is. (e.g. he could be quoting something from years ago, he could say he misheard and turn this on you as attacking him for an innocent mistake, etc.) Push come to shove, it's not worth your energy to unravel.

As for that rearview mirror on your shoulder. As long as you and your daughter are on the same page, you won't need it. Just make sure she knows that insanity can be contagious