Old 09-24-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
If you happen to have a boss (like I do) who is not healthy or balanced, there will inevitibly be times when your serenity is tested.
Yep, that would be my boss also. She's very needy, and although I'm sure she's good at what she does or she would not be heading up the department, I often skip break time with everyone else because she tends to be critical and judgmental of others, especially behind their backs.

I called my sponsor last night and we had a good talk.

I turned things over and just left them there.

I liked to fell out of my chair today at break time when the boss announced the 'employee shuffle' at work as she hired another coder starting in a couple of weeks.

Not only am I NOT going back to that little corner, but someone higher up at the hospital told her that was an unsafe place ergonomically for anyone to be working!

So, I'm going over to the work area where our former coder, who left to work for my doctor, was at. There's a nice little bookcase over there, I have a big bulletin board on the wall, and a partition between me and the next gal that also doubles as a bulletin board.

There's even enough room that my wrist rest for the keyboard can be away from the keyboard as opposed to bumped right up against it where I am at now (I have loooong piano-playing fingers).

Right now this job is good experience for me in the field. Ideally I'd like to do remote coding in a few years out of my home.