Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

IWTH,
Thank you for sharing your story and you current struggle. I am so sorry to hear about your son's troubles. I am in awe of your resolve and your acceptance of his condition. This will bring quality to his life that might not occur otherwise.

I am at the point myself where I am no longer in a relationship with an alcoholic and want to learn to cope with the unhealthy relationships in my family. I also want to learn how to foster healthier relationships in my life going forward and to heal my codependent tendencies.

I have found the CoDa fellowship readings, step study, and online suppot to be very helpful in focusing on me now that I have gone no contact with my EXABF and have very limited contact with my family (codependent/controlling issues there).

Their main website is here Welcome to Co-Dependents Anonymous World Fellowship

The UK site is here Co-Dependents Anonymous

There are online meetings under "Alternative Meetings" if you do not find one close to you.

The meetings in my area are only once a week when I am working so I attend an online meeting these days. Very supportive and we do discuss alot of Al-Anon, Nar-Anon, and ACoA topics. Home Page

I hope this is helpful for you.

Alice

Last edited by ItsmeAlice; 09-23-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Edited to ad site for online meeting.