View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IPT

Originally Posted by CDawg5591 View Post
Let go or be dragged. Acceptance is wonderful thing.
it may be wonderful, but it sure is not easy, or without pain and difficulty.

Originally Posted by CDawg5591 View Post
My prayers are with you as you begin to accept yourself just as God made you. :praying
This made me think of our "Destiny", our lives as they are...do we make it for ourselves or is it created by God or our higher power? I don't know that I have the answer but it makes me think of that "joke".

A women is in her house as flood come in. The police arrive in a car and they knock on her door to evacuate her. She say “no thanks, God will take care of me”. They leave her and rescue others. The water rises, they come to her house again this time in a boat – she says that same thing. Finally she is on the roof of her house and they come in a helicopter. She declines rescue , “God will take care of me when he is ready”. She drowns and dies… in heaven she asks God why he didn’t help her. He replies, “Mam, I sent help in a car, in a boat, and in a helicopter. You didn’t take any of it”.

God, a HP, nature, whatever you want to call it may provide us opportunity or a foundation, but is when it comes down to it, it is entirely up to us to take the chances, do the work, or make the changes that make us who we are. Certainly we can find strength within in our HP to do that though!