View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
littlefish

People at meetings scare the heck out of me. The piercings, tattoos, promiscuity make me uncomfortable. This may be too big of a stumbling block. I do not know how much I would ever trust someone I met at a meeting.
Wow, you must have some pretty interesting meetings. One of the problems I have with my home meeting is that it is essentially a lot of boring old farts. No piercings, tattoos or what have you. My home group is pretty much polyester suits and it is not hard to fall asleep at the meetings. Thank God we have coffee.

Sorry to say that, but that is how it is.
But, on the other hand I love those boring old farts. They show the way. We need someone to show the way. Tonights meeting was really interesting because we had a couple of newbies. And I could see how all of us really wanted to share something that would make them come back. But, I don't think they will come back. Why?

Well, why? That is a good question. I think in their case, they were fresh out of rehab and they felt like AA was "pushed" on them. I came into AA totally free willing.
When you walk through the door into the rooms, it's a personal choice. It was for me. I wanted to be there.
But I get the feeling some people feel forced to be in AA, and then, no, it is not right.

AA has been great for me, but I understand that if I was pushed through those doors, I wouldn't like it. I like it fine, but I went through the door voluntarily.