View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Originally Posted by joedris View Post
It seems that not too long ago someone was lamenting the fact that the original question posted by a blogger is too often lost through the infighting among members. The original issue was that there are too few people volunteering to be sponsors. It looks like we got way off the track here.
Yeah, and then I volunteered to be the OP's sponsor way back in post #5 and I was turned down. So there ya go. I was graciously let off the hook or turned down, if you will, and I understood.

And the funny thing is, I'm not all gung-ho on sponsorship. I am a believer of finding a strong group where the group just does the work. But that might be even harder to find than a strong sponsor. I dog sponsorship, but it's only because I've found another way. But if you don't have a strong group, I suppose a mentor or sponsor would be the next best thing. Just don't burden your sponsor with being responsible for you. And on the other side of the fence, a sponsor...if there is such a thing... is merely a guide through the A.A. program via the steps and/or to point the sponsee to/towards God.