View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Daisy, you say that, "It is my promise to God that is keeping me married to him."
Marriage is a CONTRACT between bride and groom, and is made "in front of GOD", not "to him".

Did your AH promise to love, honour and cherish you? Did he keep those promises?
What about "forsaking all others"?

Were his vows, " I promise to love, honour and cherish you, but I love, honour and cherish my mistress, Alcohol more than you", and "forsaking all others, except bar staff, other drinkers and bar friends, women who interest me when drinking, and anyone who enables me to keep drinking".

Does it matter whether others divorce easily? You know what you have endured and how hard you have tried to make your marriage work, and why it has come to this.

You meant your vows to your husband and were faithful to them, unfortunately he has not kept his word to you. There is no part of any marriage service that says a wife or husband must stay in a miserable union, where their spouse constantly drinks, is neglectful of their well being, and is likely to kill someone driving drunk.

You have God's permission to leave this union, and to legally protect yourself and your children from the harm of being around an alcoholic. The safest and best way to do that for you all, would be by divorce.

Please don't feel ashamed or guilty about having to take the steps you have to protect your family from alcoholism, just hold your head high knowing you did your best.

God bless