Thread: Trying to cope
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

hi welcome, glad you found us but sorry about your reason for having to. my husband is also a crack addict and has been known to disappear for days, so i do understand how you feel. when i first came to this site, i was literally going insane. i eventually after 21 yrs of this, had to separate myself from him so as to save myself.

sr has been a good send for me. YES, you are in the right place, we all have either been where you are or is there now. it will get better for you even if he's not quite ready right now.

i agree with the advice above. you are never alone here. try to focus on you, do what you can to protect your finances and other valuables. if you don't already have one, maybe check into getting separate accounts, set boundaries for yourself concerning his behavior and follow up with set consequences. what can you live with?

as you probably know, nothing you do or say will make him stop, he has to be ready to do that for himself, but its up to you to stop his actions from effecting you. addiction does get progressive worse so the best thing you can do is take care of yourself.

you and your family are in my prayers.