Old 09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IPT

Originally Posted by keepstrong View Post
IPT - I've been reading over your threads and a LOT of what you've said matches my situation identically.

I think she knows she did me a favor by leaving (at least I hope so, I don't think my ego could take her not having real feelings for me).
Seems like we do have much in common and I am glad that you got out way faster than I did. Without a doubt I do believe that my ex did care about me, and that she ultimately left for me. There had been several times she left saying things like "I do not care about myself, but I do care about you and that is why I have decided this has to end", or "you trusted in me and now you are hurting and that is not right". It was me who always clung and held on (for the multiitude of reasons you've read about).

Working out is one of my saving graces. At least 5-6 times per week! Either lifting, biking, or hiking. It is such a great way of blowing off anger or extra energy...or even getting some energy.

This was the first time I was ever involved with someone like this. Sadly a lot of it had to do with business ventures, but also a whole bunch of my own underlying issues as well. Seems like you may have also had some other not so great relationships and some tough times too. I found therapy to be of some value for me. Honestly I have found this place at times as helpful, or more so depending on the time and situation but often I could then go to him and talk about realizations I've had that SR had brought to light. If you haven't thought about getting a little external support you should.

Also, that book I mentioned "getting past your breakup" by Susan Elliot is really a lot more about learnign about you and how/why you ended up in a relationship like that in the first place. I found value in that book, you should check it out.

leznew - right on!