Thread: the past
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
03fifteen

Originally Posted by takincareome View Post
03fifteen, you're doing the right thing in focusing on yourself and taking care of you. Therapy is a good option if you can work it out, but living at home that might pose a problem (paying for it, getting there etc.) What do you think you parents would say if you told them you wanted to see a counselor? Have you thought about it?

Hugs
I thought about it when i got really depressed a few years back. But i also thought that if i talked about it they would think I'm crazy. I never even told them about the one time I saw the school therapist. They asked and I lied and said i went to her with my friend. I was afraid to tell them. And i feel guilty about it. I kinda feel like wanting to see a counselor is like disrespecting my parents. I wish i had taken more advantage of having a therapist at our school. Cause i was comfortable with her and everything. She mainly works with older school kids. Maybe if i find a way if i can get in touch with her i can talk to her. Maybe ask her about it or something.