View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

Originally Posted by Terrified View Post
Beautiful video. I have to say I cried through most of it.
I know this to be my major obstacle is my ability to forgive myself.
I will try to focus on this, since I just realized I've been more honest with myself in the last half hour than I have been in my entire life
Recovery can be a beautiful thing when embraced & cared for with love. Being honest with yourself is the first step of forgiveness. I know you can get through this & love yourself & life again.

(From another site \/)

To forgive yourself does not mean that you should forget what you did or said that might have injured another or caused yourself distress. To forgive yourself doesn't mean you aren't responsible for what you did or said. To forgive yourself simply means you realize that you might have done something differently if you had known how. Forgiving yourself means you recognize that you didn't know how to do something differently and realize you have learned by your mistake. As someone once said, experience is what we get right after we need it. To forgive yourself means you are finally willing to accept yourself just as you were at the time you made the mistake you've been holding over your head.

To not forgive yourself means you continue to hold onto guilt and pain and demand the impossible -- that you be someone other than yourself, other than who you were when you hadn't yet learned the lesson you gained from your mistake.

Take Care,

NB