Thread: Twelfth Step
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cath1029
aka Glenna :)

Twelfth Step

Amazing meeting last night. There was something special in the room, and it was almost tangible.

The speaker was wonderful, an older man who spoke about the twelfth step, helping others, and he became teary on a couple of occasions. He shared how much it has helped him to carry the message and see the spiritual awakening in others and then have them carry it on to somebody else.

He inspired me to share as well. I told him I had been going to meetings and staying on the fringes, thinking about a sponsor but not fully embracing it. However, after listening to him, I became ready and even excited to start working and receive the gifts that were waiting for me.

I approached this man after the meeting and talked with him for a while, letting him know how much he had affected me. It turns out that we live in the very same neighborhood, and he was the same man a friend had suggested I look to for a ride to meetings every now and then.

Afterwards, I called somebody and asked them to be my sponsor. We are both going to pray on it, but I think it is going to work out. The program seems so powerful when it is working in people. I want some of that for myself.