Thread: Restless
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cath1029
aka Glenna :)

Yes, I'm feeling the loneliness a lot now between the two worlds that you described. My old friends can't relate to me anymore, and I have to stay away from the new friends who use and live such a shallow lifestyle. It has left me not knowing what my own values are anymore. I can't remember.

I am white-knuckling these last few days all by myself, as AH is gone and my kids are gone and it's just me here in this cottage. I have been going to meetings every day, but the other 23 hours can be pretty tough. Lots of feelings have surfaced that make me anxious and make me want to drink, because I am so used to numbing them, but I'm trying to make myself just feel it this time in the hopes that I can work through it that way.

AH sends the occasional text or calls, but I have not answered. He is part of the sickness that I have to stay away from. Somebody once told me that loneliness is like kryptonite for me, and that is true, so I have to be very careful not to give in to that. I have to try to remember that I really am not alone as HP is here with me, and hopefully I will receive guidance on where to go from here.