Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
herennow

Freedom - what is it? I can still see myself 5 yrs ago scared and insecure in my body and mind - ALWAYS thinking others were judging my outsides and insides. I can still hear the lies I told for no reason, the blaming I did because I was too scared to look inside at my shortcomings. I can still remember the pills I used to sleep or be awake or to simply take away an uncomfortable feeling. I can see myself like it was yesterday.

Today, freedom means so many things to me but the biggest is turning things over to my HP and allowing that surrender to open me up to new possibilities. It means that I can walk into a room - ANY ROOM - and just be myself and that is more than enough. It means that I can tell the truth - ANY TRUTH - without adding anything to any story and that is enough. It means that depression, lonliness and boredom can be lifted with some work and faith. It means that I can surrender to who I am, just as I did with my addiction, and give myself some time to explore what I find. It means I can choose to be alive and have that be the miracle for the day. It means that I don't have to react to everything and anything around me. It means that I can choose a consequence by my actions. Freedom is the key and the key unlocks many doors in my life.

Thank you for bringing this up - it feels good to remember these gifts we are given daily.

Kelly