Thread: positive bubba
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
tjp613

Hi TB - Sorry to be out of touch, but I have been reading many of your posts!

Being the master of your own day and destiny is actually a very good thing. I have so many people depending on me for one thing or another...and it's quite exhausting most days. Maybe God is giving you this time to focus on you. When the time is right He will send an angel to you. Remember, there is a reason for everything and even if you don't understand it now, you are right where you are meant to be. You are growing.

As for what to do with your time, I would highly suggest you try to find a charitable organization that you can give your time to. I know transportation is the biggest problem but maybe you could carpool. Whatever organization you choose might be able to hook you up with another volunteer.

did you know that many dog/cat shelters do not require a specific time commitment? All you have to do is show up when you have time and take the dogs for a walk! The dogs rarely get more than 20 minutes outside of their cage per day. The kitties just need some good lap time. Also, there are many 'private' shelters that are smaller--maybe their owners would be willing to come pick you up!

I've had a rough summer myself but I recently signed up to volunteer for an organization that I've ALWAYS wanted to work for. The training requires a big time commitment but I'm doing it anyway...and I am loving every single minute. The greatest benefit is getting me out of my own head. I'm getting kind of sick of my own head! LOL

I'm praying for you!