View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Faerie
Faerie

Thanks Hopeknows, I am so sorry it happened to you too, it has happened to far too many people here. My rape crisis counselor said that most of the people she sees have turned to drugs and or alcohol to numb the pain from sexual abuse or assault. It is so damn sad.

I made it to the meeting.

It was so good and I'm going back next week.

I was really nervous and it took 2 ciggies before I had the balls to walk in but I'm so glad I did. It was a really small group, only 13 people including me. One of the men there was celebrating his 7th birthday which was really cool.

Everyone was stoked I am tapering and proud of me for coming, they said they were really happy I came, I got lots of hugs.

One of the cool things was that you can bring your dog if it is small, there were two dogs at the meeting. If I can trust Drizzle not to pee on the carpet I may bring her sometime.

I met a lovely lady who has been clean for 14 yrs. She gave me her number and I called her the next day. We talked for two hours. Like me she is a rape survivor and very spiritual. We have so much in common and really bonded. When I know her better I'm gonna ask her if she's comfortable being my sponsor. [the only 2 other women there are still active addicts, one of them is her daughter and is 15]

I really enjoyed the meeting and got a lot out of it.

I go again on Wednesday and have decided to bake some triple choc chip cookies to take with me as a thank you for being accepted into the group.

I'm really looking forward to the next meeting.

Much Love,

Faerie xx