View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
karma79

Welcome circlesquared, fluxcap & oddspot! Good to see you three in here now!

AboveItall - it's all good. I can't even begin to imagine trying to do this with an active drinker in the house. The fact that you made it as far as you did is amazing to me AND that you are starting over! You know how far I would have made it? Well, let's just say no where.

Day 5 right here. I of course thought about buying a beer on my way home but I didn't. HOWEVER I did have a non-alcoholic beer or two. At some point I am going to have to stop drinking those as well because you have to walk right past all the real beer to buy it, ha.

This three day weekend has lead to many invites to lakes/going out/etc with friends who drink heavily (but not every day or every weekend). One of the crappy things I have done is shut out friends who don't drink and kept friends who do ---- even if i don't like a few of them all that much, lol. My girlfriend is having all sorts of issues (not related to alcohol thank god - she doesn't really drink) so I doubt we'll be going anywhere which for the time being is probably a good thing.

I haven't told anyone in real life that I am doing this. My girlfriend (who lives with me) hasn't even noticed. Like I said though, she has her own issues going on right now and I've been "avoiding" her a bit this week.

Good luck to everyone! I'll be around this weekend.