View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
circlesquared

Hi everyone. Thankfully, PurpleCat pointed me in the direction of this thread and you can count me in too as a new member of the Sept. group.

I was feeling better when I posted earlier and that seems to worn off for now but I'm really trying to hang in there and not be too hard on myself which is not a real talent of mine.

I wish I could say I didn't drink today but I did less than I normally would but I'm already feeling guilty about missing 2 days at work and I'm just trying really hard to maintain until Saturday and then figure out what I'm going to do with myself.

About 6 yrs ago, I had a substance abuse problem that I was able to wean myself off of with the help of NA meetings and a desire to quit but really I just switched it out for drinking and can't say that I did any real work on changing my habits. I basically left my program not having really learned much of anything.

Six years later and I've just progressed and physically I feel it so much more now and I've just watched all the problems and consequences stack up around me.

Fortunately, I don't feel hopeless but I do spend most of my time feeling like my hope is on thin ice but I'm trying really, really hard especially since my son is usally only steps away from me and I have to put on a good face for him.

It's done me a world of good to sit here and read all your posts and I look forward to getting to know everyone better and learning more about recovery.