View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Jadmack25 - Thank you so much for those encouraging words. It's just been a little while since the break up and I won't lie-the feelings for him are still there under the surface-sure, I could feel sorry for him and open the door just a crack to let him back into my life but whenever I have that thought, I think back to hiding behind a barricaded, locked door as he tried to break it down, on the phone with 911 and being pretty terrified. That snaps me right out of any thoughts of helping (enabling) him.

I told XABF that the only contact I want with him is when he lets me know when he is coming to get his stuff because I refuse to keep going around in his web of denial and self pity for the situation he finds himself in.

So, today starts packing and cleaning - my material things and my mind. I woke up today and since the paper is usually late, I read my Al-Anon and Melody Beattie DAily readings and those really spoke to me today of all days. There was talk of putting the past wher it belongs and new beginnings. That's going to make my day a whole lot better!!